Sunday, December 2, 2007

Blog Post 10

I just realized that all these years of college were a big fat waste of time. Why? Well because you obviously don't need a bit of college experience to have your own column in the Frederick News Post like Jake Stull (no relation - seriously). Notice he is 17.

While this post isn't specifically in relation to downtown Frederick there is a reference to it in Mr. Stull's article. And the reference is pretty spectacular, as he gives an event in downtown called "In the Streets" all the credit for his skating ambitions, and apparently all the credit for his new found journalistic success. Here I just thought "In the Streets" was responsible for getting me drunk. I guess I should have been paying closer attention - then maybe, just maybe, my old ass wouldn't still be in college but rather sitting in my own office at the Frederick News Post.

I haven't researched Jake, so maybe he is some sort of genius and does have a college degree (highly unlikely) or maybe he's related to me. Hopefully it's the latter, because then maybe I could call him up and ask him to drop my name a bit around the office.

2 comments:

Kelly Mac said...

Well I can definitely see your voice. You are writing like you talk so thats the whole point of the thing, write. Now had you not been in college would you have known to have your own voice in a blog? I don't think you would have.

Ben Gruver said...

I watched the trailor to Jake's skating video, which is pretty impressive. It showcases skating skills of local boarders. I also looked up "In the Streets" and found that it does a great job of marketing downtown Frederick. It attracts more than 75,000 people and has local bands play and local shops display their products. I've never been to downtown Frederick but "In the Streets" makes me want to go.