It's about time other states begin to recognize the realms of greatness downtown Frederick has to offer. Our neighboring state, Delaware was sweet enough to offer up compliments about the area. Over the years Frederick has begun to attract more and more tourists, and even more so as it continues to grow. Lucky us, after all tourists do tend to spend a lot more money than the cheap everyday resident.
It's hard to realize what a great place you live in when you see it everyday. As the days go by, it is easy to forget the beautiful scenery, great shops or fabulous restaurants. When others compliment your home it's eye-opening because it is something that has always been known but barely ever recognized.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This is kind f neat that a neighboring state would talk up tourist activities in the state next door. But it does give good insight if you've never been to Frederick and want to visit and eat there. I'd like to eat at Isabella's Taverna & Tapas Bar personally, it sounds delicious. I don't know if you've ever been before but would you recommend it?
- Josh D.
Where have I been all semester? I'm from Frederick. I'm under the impression the city's Gallery Walk series has made strides in drumming up tourists and out-of-towners.
Yeah Frederick is kinda cool. I drive through on my way to Hagerstown, the coolest city in Western Maryland. Why was Delaware giving you props?
I'm from New Jersey so just about everywhere except for Dundalk is a tourist area for me. But you have peaked my curiosity about Frederick. I may just go one weekend.
And thanks for your kind words about my project!
Although I have never visited Frederick, I have met some characters from there during my time at Towson. Your blog has changed my mind about Frederick. Also, I like your conversational style of writing, makes things much more interesting!
Post a Comment